Virtual Rodent Surgery Training
Virtual Rodent Surgery Training titles include:
- Rat Jugular Vein Catheterization
- Rat Carotid Artery Catheterization (coming soon)
- Rat Femoral Vein Catheterization (coming soon)
- Mouse Jugular Vein Catheterization
- Mouse Carotid Artery Catheterization (coming soon)
Instech course agenda
Each virtual course is hosted live, lasts approximately three hours and will cover the following topics:
- Introduction - 10 minutes
- General Surgical Guidelines - 50 minutes
- Surgical Instruments and Supplies - 10 minutes
- How to Achieve Optimal Patency Duration - 20 minutes
- BREAK - 15 minutes
- The Surgical Procedure with Video - 45 minutes
- How to Measure Catheter Insertion Length - 5 minutes
- Catheter Maintenance and Accessing the VAB™ - 10 minutes
- Questions and Answers - 15 minutes
Following course completion, students will have password protected access to all the training materials (including a detailed surgical SOP, video of the surgery and the PowerPoints) presented during the course for 60 days.
Course completion qualifies for three CEUs with AALAS and ASR.
- Registration fees are per person.
- Group rates from single facilities for 6+ students are available. Contact us for more information and pricing.
Instructor: Andrée Lapierre, BS, LATG, CMAR, SRS
Andrée has over 30 years of experience in animal research with the past 25 years focused on rodents and surgical procedures. She worked at the Jackson Laboratory for 22 years managing the Surgical Services department for over 12 years and was an integral part of the surgical team for 21 years. She has extensive experience in training surgical procedures nationally and internationally since 2004.