Each microchip is supplied individually packaged in sterile cannula for quick and easy implantation using a wide range of UID injectors. Each transponder contains a unique, non-repeating, alphanumeric code for positive animal identification. In addition, the UC-2112 microchip contains up to 16 alphanumeric characters that enable read/write programmable capabilities. This feature allows researchers to program the microchip with useful “human readable” data, such as study number, genotype or animal DOB. The UC-2112 implantable transponder is easily programmed in cannula prior to insertion using the UPS-60 Chip Provisioning Station, or after implantation while in the animal using the UID UBS-200L Base Station reader. The UID programmable microchips are fail-proof and do not lose their programmed information, unlike those of other providers.
- Applications: Animal identification
- For all species: mice, rats, guinea pigs, ferrets, reptiles, rabbits, dogs, primates, sheep
- Size: 2.1mm x 12mm
- Implantable: IP, SQ or IM in all species
- Unique ID: 100% unique 8-digit, non-repeating RFID code
- Battery-free transponder
- Programmable: 1-16 alphanumeric characters for programming (read/write) with customized study information. Can be programmed in the cannula prior to implantation or in the animal.
- Biocompatible: Glass encapsulated (BIO GLASS 8625)
- Operating Frequency: 134 kHz
- Availability: Provided in individually packaged in sterile blister pack
- Availability: Provided in sharp, triple ground cannula (12.5G; 2.59mm O.D.) for easy insertion
- Compatible Readers: URH-1HP Handheld Reader, UBS-200 Base Station, URH-300HP High Power Reader
- Compatible injectors: UPGI-Q Pistol Grip Injector, Stainless Steel Injector, Syringe Injector
For laboratory research use only. NOT for pet or wildlife use (Refer to our ISO standard transponders for these applications).